Training & Professional Development
Our professional staff provides technical training in college preparation for staff in schools, districts, and youth-serving organizations. Specific areas of focus include:
- Evaluating high school transcripts for college admissions eligibility.
- Developing personal statements for UC and other college admissions essays for private colleges/universities.
- Financial aid, FAFSA and Dream Act completion.
- Theory and best practices in college preparation and working with youth.
- General college admissions information, financial aid, scholarships, college fit and other post-secondary information.
- Best practices for implementing CEP's student and family college-focused curricula.
- Utilizing the Transcript Evaluation Service (TES) to further school and district college-going goals.
Armijo HS Counseling Staff
As a CEP partner high school site, Armijo HS Counselors participated in a one-day training session focused on financial aid. The training session was led by a CEP staff with numerous years of experience in both in the field and in staff training provided a detailed overview, instructions on submitting and latest updates to the FAFSA and CA Dream Act.