Transition & Success
The transition to higher education can feel overwhelming at times. Luckily, there are many programs that provide support with your transition by helping you successfully navigate your college journey. Additionally, every school has resources and assistance available to students, so always ask for help and seek out support whenever needed.
- EOP (Educational Opportunity Program) at UC and CSU
- EOPS (Extended Opportunity Program and Services) at CCC
- Summer Bridge
- Private institutions will have different opportunities and resources than those listed above. Research directly with campus for full list.
- Connect with academic and financial aid advisers at the college campus.
- Research and join clubs and other extracurricular activities to build networks and community.
- Plan your course load with an academic adviser.
- Take advantage of academic support, such as tutoring and instructor office hours.
- Avoid having to pay unnecessary fees by remaining mindful of add/drop deadlines for classes, or payment deadlines.
- Budget accordingly. This includes everything: tuition, books, housing, meals, fun, transportation, etc.