Campus vaccination program update
UC Proposed Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University of California has shared details(link is external) of a proposed policy (PDF)(link is external) on COVID-19 vaccination as part of an expected return of students, faculty, academic appointees, and staff to in-person instruction across the state this fall.
Given the importance of vaccination, UC is engaging its community in a discussion of the details of the proposed policy now so that students, faculty, academic appointees, and staff will have ample time to obtain the vaccine ahead of the fall term.
Under the proposed policy, the university would require students, faculty, academic appointees, and staff who are accessing campus facilities at any UC location beginning this fall to be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. UC already strongly encourages students, faculty, academic appointees, and staff to voluntarily obtain a vaccination as soon as they are eligible and able to schedule an appointment. The requirement would go into effect once a vaccine has full approval from the Food and Drug Administration.
Any campus community member who received the vaccine outside of UHS is encouraged to upload a record of their vaccination to eTang(link is external).
UHS Vaccine Appointments Open to All Students 16 years and older
As of April 24, any registered student can now book a vaccine appointment through eTang(link is external). We are no longer sending out invitations to book an appointment. However, please note that our vaccine supply remains limited and fluid, so if you don't see an upcoming appointment, check back on eTang weekly. We typically open up vaccine appointments on Fridays for the following week.
Limited Opportunity for students to request an appointment code for use on My Turn
Through a partnership with the City of Berkeley, UHS has received priority appointment codes that can be used by students to access appointments on the My Turn vaccine website (myturn.ca.gov). These would be appointments at the Oakland Coliseum (reachable by car or by BART).
Students can complete this request form(link is external) and UHS will send you a unique code and instructions within 48 hours of submitting your request. Please note that the code can only be used once and by one person. If you book an appointment and try later to reschedule/cancel the appointment, the code becomes inactive.
Vaccine appointment update
- As of April 24, any registered student can book a vaccine appointment through eTang. We are no longer sending out invitations to book an appointment. However, please note that our vaccine supply remains limited and fluid, so if you don't see an upcoming appointment, check back on etang weekly. We typically open up vaccines appointment on Fridays for the following week.
- Vaccine appointment reminders are sent out on the morning of the date of the appointment.
- 2nd dose appointments: At this time we are able to commit to giving 2nd dose vaccines (both Pfizer and Moderna) to anyone we gave a 1st dose, both retroactively and moving forward.
- For those that got 1st doses outside of UHS, we ask that you try and get your 2nd dose at the same place or through other vaccine clinics as we most likely won’t have enough unused doses of the vaccine to accommodate these requests. You can complete this 2nd dose request form(link is external) and we will add you to our standby vaccine call list.
- Your appointment will be canceled and you will not be given a vaccine at the time of your appointment if you schedule yourself as a first dose recipient and you are actually in need of a second dose.
- Please note: students who get a COVID-19 vaccine through UHS will not be charged for the vaccine or any administrative fees related to the vaccination. If you received a charge on your CalCentral student account it should have been reversed. If not, please contact the ship [at] berkeley.edu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" data-extlink="">SHIP office(link sends e-mail).
Click here to link back to original story which includes additional resources