College Advising Online Courses
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships (CEP) offers online professional development courses designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools, community-based organizations, and college access programs.
- Course participants will gain knowledge, reflect on their practice, and receive resources to improve college advising services and guidance provided to students and families.
- The professional development module series is self-directed, high-quality, self-paced, and practical.
- Whether you are building your practice or want to stay informed on policies and best practices, there is a course for you!
- Each course can be completed in 2-3 hours and costs $100.
Course Focus Areas:
- College Knowledge
- Application Support
- Senior Timeline
- Specialized Populations
- Creating a College-Going Culture
- Helping Students Become Competitive College Applicants
- Supporting Students in Creating a College & Major List
- Understanding the CSU, UC, and Common Undergraduate Application
- Helping Students with the UC Personal Insight Questions
- Helping Students Apply for Financial Aid
- Preparing Seniors for the Fall Timeline
- Supporting Students After They Submit Applications
- Supporting Seniors in Accepting Admission & Securing Financial Aid
- Supporting Undocumented Students Through the Admissions and Financial Aid Process
- Helping Special Education Students Prepare and Apply to College
- Supporting Students Through the Community College Enrollment Process
- Writing Effective Letters of Recommendation
- Helping High School Graduates Avoid Summer Melt and Enroll in College
Click HERE to ENROLL